Saturday, October 17, 2015

Keto Food Diary

So, you know, a week... A year... same difference right?  Okay, so after getting both hips replaced, and having a job that kept me on my ass all day, I have finally decided to give Keto a go again.

I lost about 40 or so pounds on keto the last time I tried it, but because of job stress, I ended up cheating one day, and then falling off the wagon in a manner of speaking.  This led me to a prolonged binge of eating high carb foods, with little to no supersize.  Needless to say, I gained back those 40 lbs, plus another 40 on top, leaving me at 387lbs total.

After leaving the stressful job for health and sanity reasons, and being unemployed for about 4 months, I have finally been able to get a job, and therefore I am able to afford keto again.  Not to say that keto cannot be done cheaply, but I was mainly eating food storage, which by its very nature is high carb.

Anyhow, onto the diary part.  I buy food for two weeks at a time, and cook the same meals each day for those two weeks.  I find that I don't get tired of it, as long as I don't do more than two weeks strait of the same foods.   My meals for the first two weeks are as follows. 

Breakfast: Manly Man's Breakfast
4 Eggs, over easy
2oz Sausage patty
2 slices thick cut bacon
(Calories: 590, Carbs: 2g, Fat: 49g, Protien: 39)

Lunch:  Buns Are For Squeezing, Not Eating Hotdogs
2 Hotdogs (Nathans brand, 2 carbs per large dog, no added fluff)
4 Romaine Lettuce leafs
Mustard
Sauerkraut
Up to 3 Tbls Creamy horseradish sauce (I actually use 6 tablespoons for calory purposes because I don't want to bother measuring it out.)
(Calories: 435 Carbs:3 Fat:39 Protein:14)

Dinner: Can't Think of A Name Chicken and Broccoli w/ Salad
12oz Chicken Breast
2 cups broccoli cuts
Romaine lettuce salad
4 tbls Ranch Dressing for salad and chicken dipping
(Calories: 680 Carbs:9 Fat:15 Protein:77)

So, in total I am eating about 1705 calories a day, and with the magic of Keto, I don't get hungry.  To compare, I used to eat about 3200 calories a day to get to the weight that I was at, and I still seemed to be wanting more and more. 

I am, as of typing this, a little more than one week in, just getting over the fun 'keto flu', as well as a cold that hit me at the same time (life was hell for a few days).  I have lost a total of 18 lbs so far, a good portion of it water weight, but probably about 10 lbs fat. 

Next week, hopefully I will be back for another entry with pictures.

No comments: