I have tried diets before, but I always seem to get frustrated with something or another in life and turn to eating too much to make myself feel better. That and diet food typically sucks, and you spend a lot of time craving things that you just can't have. But Keto is different. Keto is based on getting your body into a state of ketosis where your body is using fat for fuel instead of carbs. Basically what I am saying is where before, I used to only count calories, tried for low to no fat products, whole wheat bread etc., I now eat high fat products, with a medium amount of protean, and hardly any carbs, while still counting calories.
On the keto diet, a bit part of what you eat is determined by trying to hit certain macros. The goal is to have your calories for every meal, and thus for the day, be 65% from fat, 30% from protein, and 5% from carbs. This means that a great breakfast can be a 3 egg omelette with cheese, mushrooms and peppers and 5 slices of bacon. For the last few years, that breakfast would have been a very guilty pleasure for me. Now I can have it every day if I want. For every meal.
Next week I think I will start a food diary here, including pictures of what I have to eat, and updates on my weight accompanied with monthly progress pictures. I will also probably post things about what I learn about Keto. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment