I was perusing the internet, as I am wont to do, and came across an article about WWI's infamous "Red Barron". The pilot's real name is Manfred von Richtofen, which may just be the most manly name in the world.
Wait. Does that make him more manly?
...That is untill I came across a "Max Fightmaster" in an article on manly names from Cracked.com. Max is, or at least was in 2003, in the armed forces. Infact he holds a rank of Staff Seargent. Thats right, his full title would be Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster. Holy. Shit.
All these manly names reminded me of an old Podtoid(one of Destructoid.com's now defunct podcasts) joke about one Brad Nicholson.
Basically, they decided that the name "Brad Nicholson" was not manly enough for Brad up there, so they came up with the nickname "Chet". They then joked about about other manly names: Frag Thickfeet, Snake Kickhead, Butch Rockfist, etc. Well, turns out there is a website that generates these names. Much laughs were had with the Manly Name Generator. I have a sneaking suspicion that Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster's parents might just run the damn thing...


No comments:
Post a Comment